- Complaints 24Hrs 780-853-5781
- Victims Services 780-853-2839
- Hospital 780-853-5303
- Poison Centre 1-800-332-1414
Information & Referral
- Alberta Human Resources and Employment (Career Development) & Income Support 780-853-8150 or 780-8538163
- Mannville-Minburn-Innisfree Family & Community Support Services (F.C.S.S) 780-763-3005
- Town of Vermilion F.C.S.S 780-853-5358
- Health Unit (Community Health Services) 780-853-5270
Children, Youth & Families
- Vermilion & Area Brighter Beginnings (Preschool Children) 780-853-6633
- Ribstone Child and Family Services (Vermilion Services Centre) 780-853-8163
- Youth Services (Youth Centre) 780-853-6746
- Alberta Health Addictions Services (formally known as AADAC) (Wainwright Regional Office) 780-842-7619
- Gambling Help Line 1-800-665-9676
- Premura (offices in Lloyd and Vermilion) 780-853-6090
- Crisis Line/Kids Helpline 1-800-661-4606 (24Hr)
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 (24Hr)
- Safe Kids Hot Line 1-877-385-5437 (24Hr)
- Crisis Management Help Line 1-800-779-5057 (24Hr)
Pregnancy & Sexual Health
- Lloyd Sexual Assault and Information Centre 306-825-8255
- Pregnancy Options-Counselling & Referral (Community Health); Sexual Health, Birth Control, STD-Information & Referral 780-853-8336
- STD/AIDS Information Line (24Hr) 1-800-772-2437
Shelter & Safety
- Lloyd Interval Home (Emergency Shelter) 780-875-0966
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)/ Fetal Alcohol Effect Support Group 780-842-2802
- Walking Through Grief with You 780-744-2153
- Tough Love Parent Support 780-853-1764
- Alberta Learning Information Service: to plan and achieve your educational and career success
- Counseling Office is a work of several teachers in the local area. It features news on scholarships, post-secondary programs and related material.
- Counseling Office: A collaboration between teachers in the East Central Alberta area. Blog and information on post-secondary education.
- The Peace Wapiti School Division has put together a wonderful site with Scholarship information. There are scholarships by month and other options.
- Learn Alberta: is a web site that provides quality online resources in English and French to Alberta’s Kindergarten to Grade 12 community.
- Practice provincial achievement and units exams for grades 3, 6, 9 and 12 in English, Math, Science, and Social.
- Providing practice tests for students & trades people. Check with you teacher for a login.
- To assist with the preparation for completing the learners exam.
- Khan Academy is a collection of videos and practice for various topics. Check with your teacher for a sign in procedure related to Vermilion Outreach.
- Alberta Distance Learning is a correspondence school. To connect to their material you will need a login from your teacher.
Mental Health/Substance Abuse
- The Canadian Mental Health Association promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness.
- Canadian Psychological Association provides downloadable information sheets on self-care.
- A healthy society that is free from the harmful effects of alcohol, other drugs and gambling.
- The Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse has a mandate to reduce alcohol and drug-related harms.
- AnxietyBC is a great resource for information about anxiety and stress.
- Dr. Sarah Williams has this site for a good explanation and support around Depression, Substance Abuse and Anxiety
- Healthy Active School Communities: this resource provides information about promoting and adopting healthy, active lifestyles for the home, school and community.
- S.H.A.P.E.: Safe, Healthy, Active People Everywhere.
- Centre for Active Living: contains a wide variety of resources on physical activity and mental health.
- Mind guide to physical activity: is a mental health charity in England and Wales that produced a series of self-help booklets, including one on physical activity.